Absentee Counts (mail and in-person) by County and by Municipality - 2023 Spring Primary
Important notes about the data in this report:
- There are two daily spreadsheets, one by county and one by municipality.
- These reports were generated by the system at 7:30 a.m. each day.
- The first three columns of numbers are for all absentee ballots.
- The last column is for in-person absentee ballots, and is a subset of the third column. Do not add the last two columns!
- The data is based on entries by municipal clerks within Wisconsin's statewide voter registration system. More than 1,000 of the 1,850 clerks do not have direct access to the system (because of their small size) and so rely on their county clerk or a neighboring clerk to perform data entry tasks on their behalf.
- As a result, there may be lags in data entry -- there may be more applications or ballots returned than reported because the data has not been entered yet.
- In other cases, clerks may have checked a milestone in the system indicating a ballot has been sent when the ballot has not entered the mail system yet.
- WEC has no data on the political party affiliations of registered voters who have requested absentee ballots. This is because Wisconsin does not register voters by political party.