Whether you vote at the polling place or by absentee ballot, you take for granted that your vote will be counted as you intended. Unfortunately, a hastily or carelessly marked ballot can cause your votes to be counted incorrectly or not at all.
The act of voting is a responsibility that should be executed with care and consideration. This brochure will help you avoid common ballot-marking mistakes and provide you with other helpful information, such as:
- the importance of reading and following ballot instructions
- types of ballots and voting devices
- tips for properly marking your ballot
- the cause and effect of undervotes and overvotes, and
- what to do if you make a mistake and require another ballot.