Special Teleconference Board meeting to address the challenge to the independent candidate in the Special Election for Representative to the Assembly from the 69th district.
The Board considered the following motion:
The Board incorporates the staff recommendation as its findings of fact and conclusions of law. The Board approves the challenge to Candidate Swiggum’s nomination papers as to 3 signatures, strikes 2 additional signatures, and adds one signature that was originally struck. The Board therefore verifies 206 valid signatures, and grants ballot access to Candidate Swiggum.
Moved by Judge Cane, seconded by Judge Vocke. Roll call vote:
Judge Cane, aye
Judge Barland, aye
Judge Nichol, aye
Judge Brennan, aye
Judge Deininger, aye
Judge Vocke, aye.
Motion carried, 6-0.
Meeting materials are posted below.
A. Call to Order
B. Director’s Report of Appropriate Meeting Notice
C. Personal Appearances
D. Election Administration - Nomination Paper Challenge
1. Fadness Complaint Against Swiggum Relating to Sufficiency of Nomination Papers (Documents attached below.)
E. Closed Session
- 5.05 (6a) and 19.85 (1) (h) -- The Board’s deliberations on requests for advice under the ethics code, lobbying law, and campaign finance law shall be in closed session.
- 19.85 (1) (g) -- The Board may confer with legal counsel concerning litigation strategy.
- 19.851 -- The Board’s deliberations concerning investigations of any violation of the ethics code, lobbying law, and campaign finance law shall be in closed session.
- 19.85 (1) (c) -- The Board may consider performance evaluation data of a public employee over which it exercises responsibility.
The Board does not anticipate taking any action in Open Session following the Closed Session.
The Government Accountability Board has scheduled its next meeting for Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at the Government Accountability Board offices, 212 East Washington Avenue, Third Floor, in Madison, Wisconsin beginning at 9:00 a.m.