Click Here for WEC .gov Program Information
1. SUMMARY. On January 11, 2022, the Wisconsin Elections Commission approved an Election Security .gov Email Domain Subgrant for municipalities that will award up to $600 per jurisdiction for transition to a wi.gov or .gov email domain. Under the federal Help America Vote Act (HAVA) Election Security Grant from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, the Wisconsin Elections Commission (WEC) was awarded funds to “improve the administration of elections for Federal office, including to enhance election technology and make election security improvements to the systems, equipment and processes used in federal elections.”
2. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION. Under the Election Security .gov Email Domain Subgrant each Wisconsin municipality may request grant funds for eligible expenses. Upon receipt of a Subgrant Reimbursement Request and Certification, the WEC will grant funds up to $600 per jurisdiction. Requests will be reviewed and disbursed until the total approved subgrant amount of $300,000 is expended and the grant term is closed.
3. AUTHORIZED USES. Eligible expenses include costs associated with a transition to a @wi.gov or @.gov email account; IT consulting fees associated with the transition to a wi.gov or .gov email domain; or monthly costs for email hosting if associated with a wi.gov or .gov domain. The funds are not intended to cover normal election related expenses. See the 2022 HAVA Election Security .gov Email Domain Subgrant Reimbursement Request and Certification form for additional information.
4. HOW DO JURISDICTIONS APPLY? Complete and return the 2022 HAVA Election Security .gov Email Domain Subgrant Reimbursement Request and Certification form to @email no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 31, 2022. All subgrant program information will be posted to the WEC website on the Election Security .gov Domain page here.
5. QUESTIONS? If you have any questions or concerns, please email @email or call the WEC Help Desk at (608) 261-2028.