Nomination papers must be completed and submitted to the Wisconsin Elections Commission by Monday, June 1, 2020 for the 2020 General Election.
Nomination papers may be submitted to the Commission in the following ways:
By U.S. Mail or Delivery
Candidates may submit original nomination papers via U.S. Mail or a package delivery company. Please include an email address so a confirmation can be sent upon receipt of the document.
- U.S. Mail: Wisconsin Elections Commission, P.O. Box 7984, Madison, WI 53707-7984
- Delivery: Wisconsin Elections Commission, 212 E. Washington Ave., 3rd Floor, Madison, WI 53703.
Candidates or their representatives may submit nomination papers in-person at the Wisconsin Elections Commission office. To maintain the health of everyone involved in this process, candidates should make an appointment to submit nomination papers to Commission staff.
Appointments after May 26 will be at UW Madison Union South in the Varsity Room, 1308 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53715.
On the June 1 deadline, candidate meetings will be first-come first-serve and candidates should expect a wait.
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Appointments should be made one business day in advance to ensure adequate on-site staffing.
Making an Appointment and Preparing to File:
- Please use click this link to go to our scheduling website (https://wec.appointlet.com). You will receive a confirmation email after booking with information about your appointment
- If you need to make an appointment by phone, please call (608)261-2028 to ask to speak to an elections specialist about making an appointment to file.
- Organize your papers prior to arriving at the WEC office and number each petition page in sequential order.
- Please limit the number of people in your party during your visit to ensure the health and safety of candidates, members of the public, and WEC staff during this public health crisis.
Arriving for your appointment at Union South (May 26-June 1):
- The Union South building is located at 1308 W Dayton St, Madison, WI 53715. We will be on the second floor in the Varsity Room.
- Please park in Lot 80 (Union South Garage) for free in any unmarked spot (Visitor Parking).
- You may also park in Lot 17 (Engineering Lot) on Engineering Dr.
- If you do not enter through Lot 80, you must use the Union Hotel Entrance, located close to the hotel drop-off zone off of W Dayton.
- Do not park or stall in the hotel drop off circle off of W Dayton.