|Absentee Counts by Muni - 2020 General Election 10-16-2020.xlsx||86.84 KB|
Absentee Counts by Municipality - 2020 General Election
Important notes about the data in this report:
- This report is broken down my municipality, not county. We will post these reports periodically prior to the election.
- The data is based on entries by municipal clerks within Wisconsin's statewide voter registration system. More than 1,000 of the 1,850 clerks do not have direct access to the system (because of their small size) and so rely on their county clerk or a neighboring clerk to perform data entry tasks on their behalf.
- As a result, there may be lags in data entry -- there may be more applications or ballots returned than reported because the data has not been entered yet.
- In other cases, clerks may have checked a milestone in the system indicating a ballot has been sent when the ballot has not entered the mail system yet.
- WEC has no data on the political party affiliations of registered voters who have requested absentee ballots. This is because Wisconsin does not register voters by political party.