Good afternoon. I hope that all of you are doing well after last week’s Partisan Primary!
To get a jump on ordering any additional/supplemental supplies needed for the November General and Presidential Election, we are conducting another survey to identify where shortages might exist and what other supplies that might be needed for November. Since other states will be competing for similar supplies, we want to place any supplemental orders quickly to ensure timely delivery to county clerks.
You may recall that we previously distributed supplies for both August and November prior to the August 11 election. That said, we understand that you may identify additional needs. We are therefore asking you to take stock of your supplies and complete the survey letting us know if any additional supplies are needed for the November 3 election. When taking stock, please consider needs for in-person absentee, processing of absentees, election day, tallying, and canvassing.
Supplies sent prior to August 11 (which included stock for the November 3) included:
- Surface disinfectant (entire requested supply for both August and November)
- Hand sanitizer (entire requested supply for both August and November) – (clerks are encouraged to hold on to empty containers as we will be sending some larger quantities that can fill smaller containers)
- Masks (entire requested supply for both August and November) – we expect more masks might be needed given the state mandate and encourage clerks to prepare for the worst case scenario that masks will continue to be required for November, just in case.
- Empty spray bottles for use with surface disinfectant (clerks are encouraged to keep these for use in November)
- Paper towels
- Alcohol wipes (general purpose)
- Painters tape
To order supplemental supplies and to ensure timely delivery we need county clerks to work with municipalities to evaluate any additional needs as soon as possible. Additional requests for supplies must be submitted by August 21. Please:
- Check in with municipal clerks to assess where everyone stands with their current supplies.
- Review the original county order - the balance of supplies originally ordered have arrived and are in the warehouse.
- Complete the survey to provided WEC information about what additional/supplemental supplies are needed (keeping in mind the supplies in warehouse awaiting delivery).
- We are requesting a response from ALL county clerks, even if you need no additional supplies on top the satisfaction of the original order. A response will help ensure that additional follow up in not required with individual county clerks.
Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JWF6SGR
Thank you for your support collecting this information. We will continue to do our best to assist clerks in ensuring they have the supplies and PPE needed for the upcoming November General and Presidential Election. We appreciate your support as we could not effectively and efficiently collect all of this information and disburse the supplies without your support!
Should you have any questions about election supplies for November, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] (608-261-2004). Thank you.