A new version of WisVote was installed on May 3, 2019. This update, 2019 Sprint 3, includes several bug fixes reported by clerks. The following items are resolved with this update:
- For absentee ballots and absentee applications that have an inactive status, they will now appear highlighted in gray.
- The response type of “Returned-Late” for absentee ballots has been removed as an option.
- For the “Returned, to be Rejected” response type in absentee ballots, there is now a rejection explanation option of “Election Official Error.”
- In addition to entering a description of a new batch absentee request, only one of the following required is to complete the request: Application Type, Ballot Delivery Method or Batch on Absentee.
- The Badger Book data upload is now live in WisVote. Prior to submitting the data upload per reporting unit, any new addresses collected on the Badger Book on Election Day must be reviewed and pinned correctly before processing. After the address review is complete, Badger Book users can update their poll books and enter their EDRs with just a few clicks.
- The Badger Voters website was updated with the following additional sections in the FAQs: how is my file transmitted, tips for using Badger Voters, and what data is available. Other details have also been updated: the “Get Started” page has notes on what subcategories become available when fields are populated, and there is now a reminder to click the “Get Estimate” button if changes have been made, so data will refresh before creating a request to purchase. Users can check out the new updates at https://badgervoters.wi.gov.
Please contact the Elections Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-261-2028 if you have any questions regarding this update.