I recently changed my name

If you have legally changed your name due to marriage or other reasons, you are required to update your voter registration by re-registering. You can start the process online at My Vote WI: myvote.wi.gov.

It can take a while to get a new driver license or ID card, so you may continue to vote using your former name until you obtain the required documentation to re-register.  

When re-registering to vote under your new name, you will need a Wisconsin driver license or, if you do not have one, a Wisconsin state ID card or Social Security number with your new name on it.  If registering less than 20 days before an election you will also need an acceptable Proof of Residence document with your new name and current address on it.  Please read our Voter Guide about name changes for more information.

Back to Voter Information Center