How does a Voter Request an Absentee Ballot?

The absentee ballot request is made to the municipal clerk in writing using the Application For Absentee Ballot (EL-121) or by letter or email to your municipal clerk requesting an absentee ballot which provides substantially the same information required on the application form.

You can find your municipal clerk on the MyVote Wisconsin website: by searching for your voter record or performing an address search.

You will need to provide a copy of your acceptable photo ID with your absentee ballot request.More information about the photo ID requirement can be found at