|OVR Launch Clerk Communication 1-9-17.pdf||67.15 KB|
The Wisconsin Elections Commission is excited to announce that the State’s Online Voter Registration system (OVR) was launched for public use today, January 9, 2017. The transition to OVR will streamline voter registration and create efficiencies for both clerks and voters.
OVR Resources for Clerks
To help clerks and voters familiarize themselves with the new OVR process available through the MyVote.wi.gov website, the WEC has posted OVR training materials and resources. For more information on OVR, please review the following:
- The December 30, 2016 Clerk Communication, OVR and the Elimination of the Role of SRD: http://elections.wi.gov/node/4837
- The pre-recorded clerk webinar about OVR: http://elections.wi.gov/node/4864
- The OVR video overview for former SRDs: http://elections.wi.gov/node/4868
- The updated WisVote manual and FAQ’s: http://elections.wi.gov/node/3782
- The updated MyVote manual: http://elections.wi.gov/publications/manuals/myvote-wisconsin
Elimination of the Role of Special Registration Deputies (SRD)
With the launch of the OVR system on January 9, 2017, the role of SRD is eliminated. Beginning on January 9, 2017 former SRD’s may no longer sign voter registration applications verifying proof of residence. More information is available in the clerk communication posted on December 30, 2016: http://elections.wi.gov/node/4837. Some responsibilities formerly assigned to SRDs, like registering voters in special care facilities and at the polls on Election Day, are now assigned to Election Registration Officials (ERO) who are appointed by municipal clerks. More information on the role of ERO is available here: http://elections.wi.gov/node/4876.
Summary of OVR
WEC thanks all municipal clerks for their attention and patience as the new OVR system is implemented. As with any new technical application, there will be opportunities to improve the process. WEC looks forward to hearing feedback from both clerks and voters. Please contact WEC at email@example.com or at (608) 261-2028 with any questions, concerns or comments about the OVR process.