|New Ballot Review Procedure and November Ballots.pdf||35.79 KB|
Priority:Timely Attention Required
Date:July 17, 2014
To:Wisconsin County Clerks
To:Milwaukee County Election Commission
From:David Buerger, Elections Specialist
From:Diane Lowe, Lead Elections Specialist
Ballots that Include the Statewide Constitutional Amendment
Sample paper and optical scan ballots for the General Election that include the Statewide Constitutional Amendment are now available on the G.A.B. website,http://gab.wi.gov/forms/ballots. The general election ballot series is GAB-203.
· To access the paper, hand-count ballot, which includes the statewide constitutional amendment,
click on “GAB-203.”
· To access sample arrow and oval optical scan ballots, which include the statewide constitutional amendment, click on “GAB-203ms.”
· To access the paper “Federal office-only” ballot and instruction cover sheet, click on “GAB-203F.”
· To access the optical scan “Federal office-only” ballot, click on “GAB-2013Fms
Streamlined Ballot Review Process
You may have heard that Jason Fischer has decided to move on to new opportunities, and will be leaving us August 1, 2014. Therefore, David and Diane will be the only specialists reviewing November ballots. Please work with us to streamline this process in order to approve your ballots as efficiently and expeditiously as possible. Please read and follow the pointers below:
· Please send only one representative example of your ballot to the G. A. B. for approval.
· Please indicate on your ballot the name of the company that prepares/prints your ballots.
· Do not send more than one ballot.
· Do not send various ballot styles (If your county uses optical scan and paper ballots you may send one of each).
· Do not send a pdf of more than one ballot.
· Choose only one method of transmission. Either:
o FAX your ballot to 608-267-0500. (If you FAX your ballot, do not E-Mail your ballot.)
o E-Mail your ballot to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If you E-Mail your ballot, do not FAX your ballot.)
· Do not E-MAIL your ballot to individual elections specialists.
· If you’ve made the changes indicated by staff review, proceed with printing. Do not resend.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. If you have questions, please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 608-261-2028.