Skip to main content

Deadline for Submitting Accessible Voting Equipment Reimbursement Requests: August 31, 2014

Posted in
Timely Attention Required
July 11, 2014
Wisconsin County Clerks
Wisconsin Municipal Clerks
City of Milwaukee Election Commission
Milwaukee County Election Commission
Michael Haas, Elections Division Administrator
Ross Hein, Elections Supervisor
Request for Reimbursement Form 2013.pdf41.49 KB
Accessible voting equipment reimbursement deadline memo.pdf40.28 KB

State and federal law require that voting occur in an open and accessible manner.  In 2006, all municipalities were required to purchase an accessible voting system that provides individuals with disabilities the opportunity to vote privately and independently.  In order to comply with this mandate, municipalities were eligible for reimbursement towards the purchase, programming and maintenance of an accessible voting system for up to $6,000 in funding for each polling place established by 2005.

Although the vast majority of municipalities have already been reimbursed the maximum amount eligible to be requested from the G.A.B., any remaining claims must be submitted by August 31, 2014.  The G.A.B. will not honor any reimbursement requests received after August 31.

Additionally, reimbursement requests must be submitted per the same agreements as established by municipalities in 2006.  In many cases, municipalities entered into agreements with either the county or neighboring municipalities to request reimbursement jointly.  If so, any additional request must be submitted in the same format as initially agreed upon.

Reimbursement requests must be submitted using the Request for Reimbursement Form.  This form must be submitted with a copy of all original invoices, the original paid receipt, and a signed copy of the certificate of conformance compliance from the vendor (if not provided previously).

If you have any questions regarding the accessible voting equipment reimbursement process or would like to inquire as to the balance of any funds to be claimed, please contact Ross Hein at or (608) 267-3666.  Thank you.