|Clerks Memo (2010 Fall Election Cycle Canvases).pdf||38.43 KB|
We are excited about the new Government Accountability Board (G.A.B.) Canvass Reporting System and based on feedback received from you, you are too! As you prepare to complete the September 14 Partisan Primary Canvass and use the new system to report your canvass results to us, we encourage you to explore the system now so you are familiar with it, and if you discover problems, we can resolve them expeditiously.
We have thoroughly tested the new system, but using it for the first time for the September 14, 2010 Partisan Primary Canvass and on a statewide basis, it has its unknowns. All County Clerks are required to use the new Canvass Reporting System for reporting canvass results to us. I want to summarize the steps we are taking to be at your beck and call should you need technical support.
- On Wednesday, September 8, we produced recorded training and archived it at http//gab.wi.gov.
- On Friday, September 10 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. we will held a pre-election webinar to answer questions.
- On Wednesday, September 15, from 2:00-3:00 p.m., we will hold a post-election webinar to answer questions.
- Also beginning Wednesday through Tuesday, September 15-21 respectively, staff will be on-call and available to answer your questions. Please contact our Help Desk at GABHelpDesk@wi.gov, or at (608) 261-2028
- Please let us know as soon as you possibly can if you are experiencing difficulty with the new system.
Even though the canvass is not statutorily due to us until Tuesday, September 21, given our need to comply with the U. S. Department of Justice’s consent decree regarding Wisconsin’s compliance with the MOVE Act, your early submissions will be greatly appreciated.
If you have questions or wish to discuss, I may be contacted at (608) 267-0715, or at Nat.Robinson@wi.gov. Thank you.
cc: Kevin J. Kennedy
Director and General Counsel
Government Accountability Board